Intimacy is when you have a close friendship or sexual relationship with someone. People hear the word intimacy and think of sex only; however, sexual intimacy is just a form of closeness in a marriage. Actually, intimacy is not only a sexual relationship; it is also an emotional connection between two people.
With time, you and your spouse grow; this is also one of the reasons of the changing levels of intimacy. It can grow if you put some real effort into caring for it on regular basis. Couple intimacy is the physical and emotional link between two people. Some people have a misconception that intimacy is just related to physical relationships; however, the emotional closeness is also equally important. Maintaining couple intimacy is very difficult without emotional closeness. Lack of intimacy in marriage is very common nowadays. It is nothing to be ashamed of, because many couples lose intimacy after a few years or even months of marriage. In this article, 5 steps are stated that will help to improve your intimacy in marriage.
1) Spend quality time alone with your spouse. Turn off the television, computer and phones and just spend some time talking to each other. Make it a habit and spend some valuable time on a regular basis. Talk about your daily routines. This will encourage your spouse to open up, which will develop closeness between both of you. In this precious time, do not talk about money, family or work, and spend some valuable time only for each other.
2) Touching each other daily will develop a feeling of closeness in your relationship. Whenever you are talking to each other, you may hold hands. Kissing each other whenever one of you leaves home, especially when husband leaves for office on regular basis, helps a lot. Hug them on daily basis. Even rubbing the back of your spouse can help you improve intimacy in marriage.
3) Holidays are also a good idea to get close to each other. Changing the area and environment can help to add intimacy in your relationship. There is no harm in leaving kids at a friend’s or a grandparent’s house for a weekend. After all, your healthy and strong relationship is for their betterment too. Devote a full weekend for your relationship; romantic escapes are always successful.
4) Be a good listener because people do not know how to communicate with their partners. Be there for them whenever they want to talk. It’s difficult for some people to express their feelings; this is where misunderstandings might increase, which could lead to arguments. Learn ways to communicate and get emotionally close to each other. When your spouse is talking, just listen to them and give them a feedback, which would make them feel that you care about what they say and will always be on their side.
5) Do small and sweet things for your spouse. There is no harm in doing each other’s household chores. You may provide them a back massage before going to sleep. This shows them that you care a lot for them and you come before they ask what they need.
Treating your spouse in a loving and supportive way would help you to increase intimacy in your marriage.
Find out how to bring the passion back to your bedroom here.
Where there is a lack of romance, sex, and intimacy, there is a marriage in trouble
You can make a difference to your life. All you need are the right tools. Start Living Freely. Learn more at http://www.amazing-etools.com